City Hall, Public Works and Other Close Early Today Due to Snow
If you were planning on paying a bill at City Hall or something today, might reconsider as many are closing early today due to weather.
In a news release released by the city.
Due to inclement weather, most City of Yakima facilities will close at 4:00 pm today, which is earlier than usual. A winter storm warning issued this morning is currently expected to remain in effect until 10:00 pm today.
Additionally, sleet and freezing rain predicted for this evening and overnight may result in some City of Yakima facilities opening later than usual on Thursday, February 9th in order to allow Streets Division crews adequate time to make local roadways as safe as possible for drivers.
The following City of Yakima facilities may be affected by later opening times on February 9th:
– Yakima City Hall – (129 N. 2nd Street)
– Yakima Public Works Facility – (2310 Fruitvale Boulevard)
– Richard A. Zais, Jr. Law & Justice Center – (200 S. 3rd Street)
* Yakima Municipal Court would not be affected by a delayed opening time of the Law & Justice Center – Yakima Municipal Court will open as usual at 8:00 am
– Harman Senior Center – (101 N. 65th Avenue)
– Lion’s Pool – (509 W. Pine Street)
– YCTV/Y-PAC – (124 S. 2nd Street)
If you were planning on taking the city bus, Yakima Transit routes may be delayed as well. Something to keep in mind.