Get Free Food Wednesday With Yakima Truck Distribution
It's been a long winter and if you are need of a little extra food, free produce and perishable products for low income families and those in need of food assistance will be distributed tomorrow through Second Harvest.
The truck distribution starts at noon Wednesday and will be loaded with fresh produce. A “farmers market” set-up will be used to distribute the produce and the truck holds up to 8,000 pounds of food.
Volunteers from Grace Lutheran Church, junior high students from Grace Lutheran School and volunteers from OIC will help distribute the food at Grace Lutheran Church at 1207 S. Seventh Ave. in Yakima.
If you need help ... here are some easy-to-follow instructions
- Free produce and perishable products for low income families and those in need of food assistance
- No appointment or documentation necessary to participate and no proof of income is required.
- Must be present in order to receive product
- Held rain or shine
- Food is there until it runs out.
- Please bring a box or two for your food.
If you need more details, contact the Rev. David Salinas at (509) 759-3635