UPDATE: On Thursday afternoon (April 18), Kodak was released from jail. You can see video of the Florida rapper leaving the facility for yourself below:

UPDATE: New details have surfaced about Kodak Black's arrest. According to a report WKBW Buffalo posted today (April 18), authorities say Kodak Black had marijuana and a Glock 9mm pistol inside the Cadillac Escalade he was driving, which he did not declare when he arrived at the U.S.-Canada border.

They also confirm the identities of the two other men in the car with him, 24-year-old Stetson President and 20-year-old Madarrow Smith. They were also arrested on weapons charges.

A spokesperson for Customs and Border Protection has released a statement, which you can read below:

On Wednesday, two vehicles occupied by U.S. Citizens were encountered at the Lewiston-Queenston Port of Entry. During the initial inspection, the U.S. citizens admitted to being in possession of marijuana and firearms. During a secondary inspection, it was revealed that the weapons were possessed unlawfully in New York State and subsequently the marijuana, firearms and subjects were turned over to the New York State Police for further processing. U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Field Operations continuously works in collaboration with our law enforcement partners, which include federal, state and local agencies.

All four men are being held in Niagara County Jail in lieu of bail. They are set to return to court in May.


Kodak Black is reportedly back behind bars. Hours after it was reported that Kodak postponed his Wednesday night (April 17) show at Boston's House of Blues, TMZ says Kodak was arrested by U.S. Customs Agents for weapons and drugs charges at the U.S. border earlier that day.

Earlier this morning (April 18), law enforcement officials told the celebrity gossip site that Kodak and three other people traveling with him were stopped at the U.S.-Canada border while the rapper was traveling from Canada to the U.S.

The site's sources say Kodak was apprehended for criminal possession of a weapon, which is a second-degree felony, and a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge after police found him with at least two guns in his possession, which is why he was stopped at the border. At press time Kodak is reportedly still in custody with bond set at $20,000 or $40,000.

As was mentioned up top, Kodak had a performance in Boston scheduled for later that day, and it appears he was headed back to the U.S. to make the show. After fans were reportedly stuck waiting for over an hour outside the House of Blues, Kodak's team, who allegedly had no idea where the 21-year-old was at the time, was forced to pull the plug on the show and police officers helped clear out the building. Once they exited the building, fans began to swarm a tour bus, which may have belonged to the show's opener Calboy, and began to chant "Fuck Kodak!" in a rage.

In an interesting note, Kodak has been called by the name Bill K. Kapri by several major media outlets. If you recall, it was reported that Kodak had abandoned his born name—Dieuson Octave—and changed his name to Bill K. Kapri while he was behind bars last May. However, it was never known whether the change was a legal one, as court records have indicated that his name was still the same as the day he was born.

His latest arrest comes over a week after his criminal sexual conduct trial was postponed. Kodak's trial was initially set to start this month. However, a judge for the case granted a continuance to Kodak Black's legal team. Continuance is a shorthand term for a delay or postponement. As of now, there's still no confirmed date for the start of the trial.

XXL has reached out to Kodak's team for comment.

See 13 Rappers Who Were Arrested in 2019

More From 107.3 KFFM