5 Binge-Worthy TV Shows That Remind Me of the Yakima Valley
If you are staying in this weekend, I've got some shows to recommend for binge-watching! Hi, my name is Reesha and I have been on a binge doing some high-quality binge-watching while avoiding my housework. My co-workers and I have been sharing what shows we've been binging so I thought it would be cool to share some of them with you, my dear reader!
Get our free mobile app
These five (5) shows below remind me of life here in the Yakima Valley for one reason or another, as I will share below. Heads up, some of these are NOT safe to watch with kids in the room! I will let you know by putting "NSFW or Kids" in the show descriptions.
- What We Do in the Shadows: Think "The Office" but with over-the-top entitled vampires who are centuries years old but look like they're in their 30s, kind of like me! Guillermo and Nandor are my show favorites. Ha! Produced by Jemaine from Flight of the Concords and Taika Waititi. NSFW or Kids. You mean to tell me you don't look at some of the people in this valley and go, how do you look SO young yet you are SO old? They must be a vampire. I can see it.
- The Politician: It's randy, it's spicy, but it's funny and has Ben Platt, Bette Midler, AND Judith Light (Remember that show 'Who's the Boss?', anyone?) They had me at BETTE MIDLER BEING A MEANIE AND USING CURSE WORDS. Produced by Ryan Murphy. NSFW or Kids. If you've been paying attention to any of the Yakima City Council drama lately, you would agree with me that when you watch this show it kind of makes a lot of sense!
- Crime Scene Kitchen: It's as if Masterchef had a baby with the interior design show Steampunk'd, but with desserts. Hosted by Washington state's own Joel McHale. Safe for everybody to watch, unless you are hangry while watching. We have so many local businesses that have scooped up the Cheese Zombie phenomenon and are trying to recreate the recipe. Nobody makes them as good as Shorty's Sweets Treats and Cakes, but since they closed up shop, we'll take what we can get elsewhere, like Viera's Bakery and Taste & See Deli. Those things are so crave-able!
- A Black Lady Sketch Show: Hilarious sketches performed by some incredibly funny and talented actors. Presented with the African American audience in mind but you ain't gotta be Black to find a lot of these sketches funny! NSFW or Kids.
- This show reminds me of my crazy friends. I can't wait to hang out with them again very soon, I love them to bits!
- Hacks: Jean Smart enjoys the starring role as a powerful, yet cranky, comedian who still does comedy shows in Las Vegas despite being called an "old hack". She is forced to hire a Millennial to help her write new material. The Millennial has a perpetual chip on her shoulder. You can't go wrong with Jean Smart in just about anything! Adult humor ensues. NSFW or Kids. Okay, I am the one who feels like I can relate to the lead character because she is grouchy and in show business. That's where our similarities end but I still love LOVE this show. It reminds me of ME living here in Yakima.