5 Reasons Why The Big Football Game Should Be Held on a SATURDAY
It's time for things to change around here. Let's get the biggest football game of the year moved to Saturday!
- A new survey by You Gov reveals that 25% of people want the Super Bowl held on a Saturday instead of a Sunday. 34% of people want the Big Game to continue to be played on Sundays. The rest don't care
Here are my five reasons why:
- I can finally watch the Puppy Bowl without worrying that I will miss the big game. Puppies are so freaking cute and I don't want to miss a second of this.
- People can stop wishing church would get rescheduled or postponed that day. When I was a kid, our church always had service right smack dab in the beginning of the big game and no one, and I do mean NO ONE, was paying any attention to the preachers at the pulpit without thinking, "Hurry up, mayne!"
- No need to call in sick or come up with "great excuses" to be late to work on Monday. Enough said. The Monday after the big game is the #1 day most people call in sick anyway, so having the game on a Saturday would actually improve workplace productivity.
- No need for petitions to have the Big Game moved to Saturdays. I am already signing this petition, by the way. We won't need teenagers from New York to hop up online to start one.
- You can save BIG money on some Big Game Day snacks.