Could This Really Be The Best Beer Job Ever?
We've talked about "the Perfect Job" a few times before....but this time we really mean it! No, seriously. The headline says Dream Job: Get paid $2000 to Drink Beer in America's Beer Capitals.
C'mon now, it even says "Dream Job" in the title. Let's dig a little deeper, blow off the foam as they say.
Hit The Road, Drink Some Beer..All In!
This from the folks at Move.org. "Can you be counted among the craft beer connoisseurs in your community? Are you a local legend at the late-night lounges?
If you’re down to drink at a distance from your local dive bar on someone else’s dime, then we’ve brewed up a unique opportunity for you!
In our efforts to help everyone find a happy home, Move.org wants to hire a Chief Beer Baron and pay them $2,000 to travel to their favorite taproom-filled town to celebrate Oktoberfest."
Sounds pretty good so far, right. Just don't drink so much you can't provide a solid review of your sampled city ...AND...if the vibe feels right and you want to move to your new hangout haven, Move.org ponies up an additional $500 to help with moving expenses!
So here's the package.
- $1,000 for travel accommodations to celebrate Oktoberfest in one of the nation’s beer capitals.
- $2,000 for your hard work—your tab’s on us, keep the rest!
- Up to $500 to help cover moving costs to your beloved beer capital, if desired.
Fill out an application today for your chance to travel toward some fine, foamy flights!
What's the catch? Who is eligible? Do you check these boxes?
- You’re a beer enthusiast who loves to debate which bubbles and suds sit best on your taste buds.
- You want to compare your local craft community scene to America’s best brewing cities.
- You crave a change of pace in a new sipping space (don’t worry—you won’t have to move if you can’t feel the groove).
- You must be of legal drinking age (21 years or older) and eligible to work within the United States.
Where They Like Beer Best
Choose one city from our Best Cities for Lovers report.
- Cities with the most breweries per capita
- Portland, OR:
12.94 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Denver, CO:
12.37 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Cincinnati, OH:
11.16 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Richmond, VA:
10.77 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Spokane, WA:
10.36 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Seattle, WA:
9.74 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Tacoma, WA:
9.55 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Saint Louis, MO:
9.41 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Minneapolis, MN:
8.77 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Pittsburgh, PA:
8.69 breweries per 100,000 residents
- Portland, OR:
So where is the love for Yakima?? Not quite 100,00 residents? Three of the top ten cities are in Washington State in case drinking is more your thing than traveling! It's no doubt a long shot but why not give it shot...with a beer chaser!