National Night Out Activities Planned for Yakima
Throughout the Yakima Valley and across the nation, communities will be throwing a “going away party for crime” next Tuesday during the annual National Night Out on Tuesday, Aug,. 6.
Celebrations are free and open to the public and they include:
- The Terrace Heights Community Association has joined with the Block Watch/Citizens Patrol groups to put on the National Night Out on Crime next Tuesday, at TH Park, 5:30-8:30. We will have music, free hot dogs and other refreshments, some vintique cars, and lots of good information from the Sheriff's department as well as the Fire Department and other groups. Please try to attend and get to know other community members that help keep this area safe.
- A gathering at the Henry Beauchamp Community Center, 1211 S. Seventh St., from 4-6 p.m. The event will be held at Southeast Community Park and include inflated jumpers, face painting, fire trucks and firefighters. Free food and beverages will be provided.
- Another event will be held at the New Jerusalem Baptist Church, 915 S. Naches Ave., from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The folks at Bearded Monkey Cycling & Fitness, 1802 W. Nob Hill Blvd, will hold a gathering from 6-9 p.m.
- On Monday the community is invited to get a jump start on National Night Out festivities with a Countywide Kickoff Celebration from 5-8 p.m.at the city’s Miller Park, 513 N. Third St.
- Then on Wednesday the Yakima Housing Authority is planning a National Night Out event from 6-8 p.m.at Astria Regional Medical Center, 110 S. Ninth Ave. It will include free food, music, a raffle and entertainment.
Because of all the things happening on Tuesday the Yakima City Council regular meeting will be held on Monday, Aug. 5, at 5:30 p.m. at Yakima City Hall so council members can attend National Night Out events on Tuesday evening.