Need Before And After School Care? The YMCA Wants To Help Parents
Oh brother! School is back in session for the Yakima area and we know that some parents are scrambling to find before and after school child care.
The YMCA of Yakima says, "Never fear! We are here!" (Confesh: they didn't actually say that, but I think maybe they should; it's pretty catchy!)
They offer morning and afternoon sessions for kids ages Kindergarten thru 5th grade. The "AM session" runs 7:00 a.m. until school starts and the "PM Session" begins with school dismissal and ends at 6:00 p.m.
Only four Yakima-area schools offer these before/after school programs:
- Nob Hill Elementary (801 S 34th Ave)
- Terrace Heights Elementary (101 N 41st St)
- Whitney Elementary (4411 W Nob Hill Blvd)
- Gilbert Elementary (PM session only) (4400 Douglas Dr)
Tuition: $50.00 registration fee per child (non-refundable)
Say you only need Before or After Care just a few times a month? Or perhaps you need care all of the above? Problem solved!
4 days a month:
- Before Care is $62.
- After Care is $73.
- For both, pay $116.
12 days a month:
- For Before School care only, you pay $91.
- For After School care, you pay $156 a month.
- For both, you pay $233.
22 Days a month:
- If you want just After School care, the cost is $256 a month.
- If you want only Before School Care (beginning at 7am), the cost is $136 a month.
- For both, you pay $373.
Restrictions and/or extra fees will apply during half-days and conference and Winter/Spring break weeks, and the program is not available on days where there is no school.
You must apply in person by picking up a registration packet at the YMCA front desk. For More Information Contact: Marcie Betts, School Age Care Director at