What’s Your Favorite Vehicle Yakima? Shout-Out Your Favorite Lot
Having access to a vehicle is fantastic. If you're lucky to be a part of the crowd that cruises through town without the check engine light on, bully for you! Most of us have experienced some sort of car trouble and due to a recent incident, I've taken to the streets to get two questions answered
- What is Your Favorite Vehicle?
- What is Your Favorite Car Lot?
What NOT to Do When Buying a Used Car
Story Time. My husband and I were recently celebrating the fact we had paid our car loan off! When our last vehicle puked we made a few errors, even though we were warned, when buying our next.
- We went to the used car lot at night
- We drove on the freeway with the radio up instead of listening to the engine
- We were blinded by the gadgets and the sunroof and ignored the high mileage
- We didn't take it to our favorite mechanic for a once-over before purchasing
Within a few weeks, the check engine light was on and we learned the transmission was shot. Thankfully we were able to find a used one and with a handful of other fixes over time we've been able to drive it...just around town for the past five years...that was until last night.
It Sounded Like Road Construction
I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I heard what sounded like construction on the road. Sadly, it wasn't construction. It was our car, in the throws of a death rattle. My husband had to use the downhill portion of the road to careen himself awkwardly into the driveway and with the loudest metal-crushing sound it seems to have met its demise.
And Now We Start the Car Buying Process Again
I asked on social media what people's favorite cars and lots are in the Yakima area and figured I should report back for anyone else on the hunt!
Here's What People Had to Say
- Vehicle: Toyota Car Lot: Bud Clarey Toyota
- Vehicle: Suburu Car Lot: Automax USA
LOOK: See the iconic cars that debuted the year you were born