What is Yakima, Washington’s Crime Grade?
I hate to admit it. Crime is up. I’ve always been one of those people who, if you ignore the problem long enough, it’ll fix itself or just simply go away. That doesn’t work on paper, doesn’t work in health, and that certainly doesn’t work in life and your community.
Just look through the news every day, and you’ll see another incident of a shooting or burglary and theft, or even laws being broken on the road. Police do their best, but in many incidents, the system is reactionary instead of preventative.
I found an interesting website called CrimeGrade.org. It takes reports of all the incidents of crime per 1,000 people in a given zip code, breaks it down to the average, and then assigns a letter grade.
I typed in the zip code I live in, 98902. That zip code received an overall score of D+. Violent crimes were graded at a C-, Property crimes at a D, and other crimes at a B. Surrounding zip codes were graded the same overall.
25 True Crime Locations: What Do They Look Like Today?
Got a news tip? Email us here.
MORE TO READ:
- Washington's Highhway Listed As One of Country's Must Drive Roads
- Review: New Asian Fusion Buffet Restaurant In Union Gap!
- Is A TikToker Right & Yakima, Tri-Cities, & Spokane Really That Bad?
- New Store, 'Geetaku Market' Is Coming To Yakima! What Is It?
- What Is Washington's Most Popular Dog Name?