28 Days Until School Starts In The Valley Which Means There’s Still Time For…
Having been out of school for over 10 years at this point it still amazes me every time August rolls around! The amount of school supplies and cool gadgets to grab, I'm talking to you disco ball locker hanger! :) Why didn't they have that when I was doing MY school shopping? :)
Seriously though, with 28 days left before school starts the big question is what CAN you do for fun?
I checked in with my fantastic friend and founder of #teentribe Lexi to fill me in with what the kids and anyone really can get into before these dog days of summer are over and here is what she said.
- "You could start a lawn mowing business in your neighborhood and make a few hundred dollars for school clothes!
- You could start walking or running around your neighborhood or at the track (early when it’s cooler) and get in better shape before school starts!
- You could read an entire book just for fun!
- Walk dogs at the Yakima Humane Society
- OR....You could plan a trip to the river with your friends
- Go for a hike
- Serve at the Union Gospel Mission
- Head to the library for a free class
- Check out the Arboretum
- Catch an outdoor movie at Chesterly Park on Sundays
- Outdoor concerts at Franklin on Fridays
- Downtown Summer Nights on Thursdays
- Family night at Hoptown Pizza (shoot make your own pizzas at home)
- Catch the Pippins baseball team as they wrap up their home games this week!
- Go to the Moxee Hops Festival this weekend and check-out the parade (you know the Sea Gals will be at the kffm.com booth! :)
- Listen for your chance to win Beyonce & Jay Z Tickets on 107.3 KFFM all this week at 4:10pm
- Join the Circus Kids Club at Valley Mall
- Attend story time at Inklings
- Attend the 50th Annual Toppenish Rodeo
- Go to races at the Speedway
- Check out free movies at the Princess Theatre
- Go to the Grandview Parade and Rodeo
- Go swimming at Franklin or Lions Pool
- Make slime with your siblings
- Have a water balloon fight
- Just HAVE FUN!