Do You Have a Plan for When Ish Hits the Fan?
I've always wondered what would happen once the emergency alert comes through. Like, how long does total anarchy set in, and I am forced to enact my treehouse emergency plan.
Side note: I don't have any of those ... yet. But this is where the emergency preparation fair seems like a perfect place to gather intel. All ages AND it's FREE.
It will be held next Saturday (Aug. 17) from 9 a.m.-noon in the State Fair Room of the Yakima Valley SunDome.
No admission fees and free parking.
You can listen to 25 presentations by people who are experts in their fields. And you're free to discuss one-on-one and leave with written information for further investigation.
The main topics are listed below:
- Eating healthy and gardening -- growing quality, nutrient-dense foods.
- Security issues -- cyber and home.
- Medical emergencies and good health practices.
- End of life issues -- hospice and funerals.
- Educational opportunities (YVC and Perry Tech, Army and Marines, internet studies and degrees).
- Survival skills, food storage and preservation skills.
Sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
For more information, contact Larry Connell, fair coordinator, by cell: (509) 833-4129.