Monday Mantra: The Tea Has Been Spilt and I Am Really Into It
On the 16th of October 2019, my friend and psychic medium Melissa, while reading my palm (for fun -- that isn't her specialty) told me I should try drinking less coffee and more tea.
I wasn't so jazzed about the idea, but I also know a few things about my current coffee consumption.
- It costs a lot to get a fancy coffee and sometimes the only mood booster I can get down on is a fancy coffee. That's a habit I need to break.
- When I drink coffee I take forever to finish it, meaning I am sipping on this and nothing else all day long. Leaving my body super dehydrated.
- Because of the caffeine I suppose, my hunger gets suppressed. So I am skipping breakfast and sometimes eating lunch pretty late, too.
- Not eating has turned me into a hangry person, and now that the caffeine is wearing off I am starting to feel grumpy. So you grab the afternoon cup of joe and then ...
- Bubble guts, bubble guts, bubble guts.
What a vicious cycle.
So on Thursday, Oct. 17, I took the leap and went to grab a bunch of different teas to get me started.
I pinned different tips and set out testing mixtures of brown sugar and milk or a bit of honey.
Meanwhile I caught a pretty nasty cold so my throat was on fire. Things happen for a reason man, and I probably wouldn't have gone so hard on the tea had I felt 100%. It felt so fantastic on the back of my throat I went through tons of them and discovered some favorites along with some pretty awesome benefits and facts that I had to share.
I am in love with a spicy blend :) Bring your water to a boil or while I am at work I have been using the hot water on our Culligan jug. Tip, put your bit of milk and honey in first, then two tea bags, fill with hot water and steep the two bags covered for 15 minutes. Once your timer goes off I take a spoon and wrap the bags around it and push out the last bits of liquid and flavor give it a good stir and sip away. Each tea steeps for different times and also can have little additions that make it even more awesome.
It's spicy and warm, but with that touch of honey and milk it's not really bland.
Don't get me wrong, I am still drinking coffee. But I am working on making an effort to reach for the tea first. Why?
As I write this I am currently sipping on Turmeric Glow.
The benefits are below
- Reduces arthritis symptoms
- Boosts Immune Function
- Helps Reduce Cardiovascular Complications
- Helps prevent and treat cancer
- Helps manage irratable bowl syndrome
- Prevents and Treats Alzheimer's
- Prevents against liver damage, gallstones and manages liver conditions
- Helps prevent and manage diabetes
And that's just with the turmeric one :)
I made it three days with no coffee and on the fourth had one cup of coffee along with a few teas through the day.
Over a week and a half in, I still need to get better at drinking water, but I reach for tea first in the morning and I am making an effort not to grab a coffee in the afternoon time.
At night I am enjoying a chamomile tea and I look forward to getting a real teapot and some fancy tools. But for now I am cool just learning and enjoying the softer side of myself.