Top 5 Things To Do In Yakima WITH KIDS
Here it's finally the weekend and you want to just linger around the house and relax, however your kids are running around the house screaming, yelling, watching videos on Youtube, making a big mess in the living room and/or saying things like "Mommy, I'm bored!".
It's time to get out of the house and do something, but WHAT is there to do?
I have heard many people moan that there is nothing for kids to do in Yakima, but there has got to be something!
I asked some local Yakimaniacs this question on my Facebook page and here are their top five suggestions* of things to do in Yakima with kids:
1. Yakima Valley Museum - Downstairs inside the museum is the Children's Museum, filled with an abundance of things to delight kids, from books, an interactive "train", arts activities, artifacts, and even a turtle or two.
2. Kids Castle - The Gymnastics Plus building located off Lincoln Ave, houses two large areas for Yakima kids to run around, jump, swing, and bounce around in and burn off all that excess energy. Parents have to remain in the building and there is no alcoholic beverages, but you can still bring in your own food and drinks if you want. You can even book a birthday party in two of the rooms.
3. Get Air Yakima - This brand new state of the art building has nothing but trampolines. There is an area reserved for the younger tykes, as well. There are several spaces allotted for birthday parties.
4. Meadowbrook Family Fun Center - Arcade games are here during the fall, winter and spring. Summertime brings the outdoor fun such as bumper boats, go-karts, miniature golf, batting cages, and a pizza cafe.
5. Leave Yakima (and drive to Portland or Seattle) - If you think the best part about Yakima is leaving Yakima, then take a trip over to Portland and Seattle, where there is a heckuva lot to do with your crazy little kids.
I hope you find something fun to do with your kids here in Yakima.
Good luck, you're gonna need it. :-D
*Honorable mentions included: Franklin Park (FREE!), bowling, Skateland, The Pub, swimming (Franklin Pool, Yakima Athletic Club, and Lions Pool), movies, Yakima Greenway (FREE), and the train trolley.
Name the Top 5 Things To Do In Yakima With Kids. And GO!
Posted by Reesha Cee on Saturday, January 23, 2016