Make Mango Syrup in Six Easy Steps Photo Gallery and Instructions
Mangos are absolutely delicious and such a fun fruit to prepare. You can do the fancy slice and cut so it splays out, give it a squirt of lemon for a fresh and bright citrus pop and you are the fancy pants everyone wants to eat mangos with.
Make Candied Grapefruit
Last night I was slicing up an mango when I thought, what if I could use the whole thing? I'm currently growing an avocado tree from a seed, I bet I could try my hand at a mango seed as well and to take it one step further. What if there is something you can do with the skin. There is!
You can make mango syrup!
This was the easiest and most delicious syrup and here's how you do it
Instructions for Making Mango Syrup via Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Cut the meat from the mango, there are bunch of ways to do it but I like to slice it as much as I can in half, then slice a bit of one side so I can pull the peel off the meat. I ate a little bit and saved the rest in the freezer for my morning smoothie.
- Chop up the peel of your mango and put it in a blender or food processor with two cups of water
- Blend until smooth, it takes a while but it will get there
- Add to a pot with two cups of sugar, bring to a simmer and stir until sugar is completely dissolved and set aside until completely cooled
- Add to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to two weeks
- You can add a squirt of lemon to brighten it but I forgot and honestly it tastes amazing
Ideas for what you could use your brand new mango syrup for
- Add to a smoothie (it tastes incredible with vanilla protein powder)
- Pour on top of freshly baked and buttered pancakes, waffles or even French Toast
- Make home-made whipped cream and add a bit of mango syrup to it
- pour over vanilla ice cream or even make your own mango ice cream
- Add some to tea
- Create a mango mixed drink with your syrup
How to make mango syrup
What Are the Signature Drinks From Every State?
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America