National Take Back Your Meds Day is Saturday (April 27) in the Valley
Programs like this are proven to work, and in Yakima County -- with just the 12th-graders abusing medication -- usage has gone down by 5% since being implemented. There will be five locations around the valley to drop off your unused or expired meds.
- Solarity Credit Union on 5th in Yakima 9 am - 1 pm drop off location get rid of your meds and also take advantage of free shredding of your private documents
- Sunnyside Police Department is a 24/7 drop off location
- Yakima County Sheriff's Office 9a m - 1 pm drive through and drop off those meds
- Highland Food Bank 8 am - 1pm
- Memorial Cornerstone off of Creekside Loop 9 am - 1 pm
Take Back Your Meds to find a location nearest you to drop off