Avocado Corn Salad is Legit Delicious and Easy to Make
I've been wanting to mess with corn for a bit but haven't had the nerve to throw it on the grill husk and all until yesterday I felt the tv was speaking to me. The host of a cooking show I was watching was asked what her favorite way to cook corn was and she said, "10 minutes on high and 30 minutes on low" it sounded so easy I went for it and it worked!
Granted the house did get a little smokey and I had to make sure that I rotated the corn but it was SO flipping easy I decided to finally throw down and make some Cilantro, Corn, and Avocado Salad. What you will need is listed below.
- Three or Four ears of Corn
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of a medium red onion
- two or three avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 TBS of Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 limes and the zest of one lime
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 diced jalapeno seeded
- 1 TBS of crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook your corn however you like and them chop those kernels off into a bowl, add your chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cilantro, and garlic in a bowl
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, zest, salt and pepper and whisk to create your dressing then use a spatula to get every last drop drizzled over your delicious corn and more. Mix and set in the refrigerator for one hour or even better four hours.
The salt breaks-down with the lime juice and olive oil to create such a fresh and delicious bite with a bit of kick and just the right amount of juicy crunch with the corn.
I think it would go fantastic with tortillas chips or pita chips. I ate it by itself for dinner but you could grill up shrimp or create a taco. I have some left-over salmon that I am going to turn into a taco dish tonight. I even ate it with my pancake and a side of scrambled eggs this morning.